So, what can you do to help protect your car from hail and avoid those costly repairs when the next storm strikes? Here are a few ideas.
- Get covered parking. If hail is predicted, and covered parking is available, USE IT. Consider setting up weather alerts on your phone and loading the locations of nearby parking garages into your GPS. When a hail storm is on the forefront, head for the closest parking garage to ride out it out. If you can't reach it in time, look for something like an overpass or gas station canopy to help minimize the impact.
- Bring on the linens. If your home doesn't have a garage, or if you will be somewhere where covered parking isn't available, get something over your car. Cover the car with thick blankets, comforters, large towels, or anything you have on hand when a hail warning is issued.
- Grab the floor mats. Don't have blankets? Use the floor mats. If you are caught in a hailstorm and can't find cover, pull over in a safe location, take out the floor mats, and put them on the roof and hood of your car. This solution isn't foolproof; the mats won't cover the entire car, but they could help you avoid excessive damage.
- Buy a car cover designed to protect against hail. If you want to pull out the big guns and have a reliable form of protection readily accessible in your vehicle, investing in an anti-hail car cover may be the ideal solution.
- Ask us about Comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage helps pay for damage caused by things like weather or fire, and in most cases, will cover hail damage too. Give us a call here at ALINK Insurance Services and we can discuss what coverage will be right for you.
Denver Metro/Parker: 303-752-6479
Colorado Springs: 719-473-6262
Surrounding States: 877-643-6148
Don't let hail get the best of you! Check back to this post about Hail Damage for tips if you ever find yourself and/or your property caught in severe weather.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and stay safe out there!
Source: Gerber Collision & Glass