Here is a little Wedding Insurance 101 from theknot.com.
What is Wedding Insurance?
To sum it up, wedding insurance protects a couple's investment from circumstances beyond their control, and reimburses expenses incurred.
What Does Wedding Insurance Cover?
- Site: Check to see if your ceremony and reception site is already insured. If it's not, wedding insurance can cover the cost arising out of unavoidable cancellation (such as damage or inaccessibility to the ceremony site), if your reception hall is unable to honor your reservation because it has burned in a fire, experienced an electrical outage, or just plain closed down. Sometimes this policy covers the rehearsal dinner site, too.
- Weather: Any weather conditions which prevent the bride, groom, any relative whose presence at the wedding is essential, or the majority of the guests from reaching the premises where the wedding is to take place. Insurance covers rescheduling the wedding and all the details involved -- such as ceremony flowers, tent rental, and reception food.
- Vendor No-show: What if essential wedding people -- the caterer or the officiant, for example -- fail to show up? A wedding insurance policy usually covers cancellation or postponement of the wedding for these reasons.
- Sickness or Injury: Wedding insurance may also include sickness or injury to the bride, groom, or anyone essential to the wedding.
- Military or Job: Wedding insurance can cover postponement of the wedding due to the bride or groom suddenly getting called to military duty. This can also apply to a last-minute corporate move -- i.e. the bride's company suddenly relocates her to another city.
Wedding Insurance Doesn't Cover...
- A change of heart. Basically, cold feet don't count.
- Watches, jewelry, or semi-precious gemstones or pearls (even if they are attached to clothing) may not be covered.
- While your wedding rings may be covered by the policy, your engagement ring probably will not.
There are also a number of additional coverage options that protect against damages incurred by other wedding-related items such as photography, videography, gifts, attire, honeymoon plans, and personal liability/medical coverage if an accident occurs during the course of the wedding.
Have questions about wedding insurance? ALINK Insurance Services can help. Every wedding is unique so we'll cover the details and discuss if there's a policy right for you. Give us a call!
Denver Metro/Parker: 303-752-6479
Colorado Springs: 719-473-6262
Surrounding States: 877-643-6148
We're your link to security!