The holidays have come to an end and it’s time to take on 2015 with a bang! I enjoyed a beautiful, snow-covered, fun and food-filled Christmas and New Year with my family here in Colorado.
As mentioned previously in this post, a Winter Survival Kit is an important thing to keep in your car. In an emergency, it could potentially mean the difference between life and death. What should a Winter Survival Kit consist of? This list, offered by the Wisconsin Emergency Management team, provides the essentials.
- Windshield scraper
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Battery powered radio
- Snack food including energy bars, trail mix, etc.
- Matches and small candles
- Extra hats, socks and mittens
- First aid kit
- Pocket knife
- Necessary medications
- Blankets and/or sleeping bag
- Tow Chain or rope
- Road salt, sand, or cat litter for traction
- Booster cables
- Emergency flares and reflectors
- Fluorescent distress flag and whistle
- Cell phone adapter to plug into lighter
On top of a Winter Survival Kit, Roadside Assistance is an affordable, additional auto insurance coverage that can provide that extra peace of mind when unexpected circumstances arise. Give us a call here at ALINK Insurance Services today for more information.
Denver Metro/Parker: 303-752-6479
Colorado Springs: 719-473-6262
Surrounding States: 877-643-6148
Make 2015 a great and safe year everyone!